Wixroyd has grown into the leading UK supplier of machine accessories, design elements, access components and clamping & fixturing parts. From its product range of over 18,000 parts Wixroyd offer unique and innovative solutions to every day design and engineering problems, and continues to focus on "Making finding the difficult easy!".
Incorporated in June 1951, Wixroyd International Limited is a privately owned business still held in the same family as its founders. 60 years on and, while Wixroyd continues to service the UK engineering industry, little is recognisable from its original Trafalgar Square office and single product offering of a square hole drill.
Our customers demand easy access to unique products to help them solve their application issues; our 800 page Standard Parts catalogue, and 800 page Access Components catalogue are often the first point of reference for many a good designer looking for solutions, the Wixroyd catalogues forming the corner stone of technical libraries.
Wixroyd's on-going web site development, and dedication to continual expansion of our 3D CAD library means we are always focusing on delivering the latest information in easy to use and easily accessible formats. Available either directly from our website, or on our 3D CD collection (click here to request a copy), Wixroyd CAD models are available in a wide range of popular formats; Solidworks, ProE, Sat, Step, Parasolid and Iges.
The Wixroyd business philosophy is driven by delivering three core aspects for our customers:
Excellent customer service
A team of 25 staff; customer service support, technical sales area managers, despatch control, CAD engineers, marketing and accounting help the business to deliver the best solutions to our customers.
We are a company which serves business-to-business users, from across the diverse range of industries in the U.K.
In early 2002 The Wixroyd Group was formed to incorporate a range of associated businesses, all of which operate as separate and independent legal entities, their focus; to expand the breadth of product offering to design and technical engineers. Some of the other members of the Wixroyd Group include the following companies:
Automotion Components Ltd
Springfix Linkages (part of Automotion Components Ltd)
Mechanical Components (part of Automotion Components Ltd)
Anti-Vibration Components Ltd
Coburg Components Ltd
Nylon & Alloys Ltd
Please see below the Wixroyd family timeline:
• 1951 Wix and Royd Limited was incorporated. Single product offering square hole drill.
• 1972 Mr Anthony G Iafrate (Snr) takes over the company management
• 1978 Wix and Royd Ltd attends its first MACH Exhibition in Birmingham
• 1990 Mr Anthony G J Iafrate (Jnr) joins the business and adds his wealth of financial and sales experience.
• 1992 Wix and Royd Ltd changes its name to Wixroyd – the now ubiquitous Wixroyd Ant was used for the first time.
• 1993 Wixroyd launched its first catalogue of workholding and design elements and quickly became an indispensable companion for production and design engineers.
• 1997 Mr Marcus B Iafrate joins the business, bringing with him a wide range of marketing skills and process management.
• 1999 Wixroyd Ltd launched its first full e-commerce website, ahead of many industrial contemporaries. Wixoyd.com became a “go to” site for workholding and design elements
• 2000 Wixroyd launched its “3D-CD” CAD companion – a source of all Wixroyd parts in 2D and 3D CAD models. Our CAD support for Design Engineers has become a cornerstone of the business ever since.
• 2002 Wixroyd Access Components range was labelled – a major addition of parts to the Wixroyd brand offering designers and industry a source for access hardware.
• 2002 The Wixroyd Group was formed
• 2004 Automotion Ltd was acquired by Wixroyd. Its’ acquisition offered an extensive new range of products; linear motion components, rotary motion components.
• 2004 Mechanical Components Ltd became part of the group
• 2004 Anti-Vibration became part of the group
• 2006 Automotion Components Ltd published its first catalogue of parts - over 600 pages of Linear and Rotary essentials.
• 2008 The Springfix Linkages brand was acquired by Wixroyd, well known for linkages, rod ends and universal joints; the Springfix brand greatly enhanced the products offered to designers by Wixroyd.
• 2009 Coburg Components Ltd was acquired, enabling the Wixroyd Group to offer a wide selection of inch/imperial parts as well as an extensive offering of quick release components.
• 2010 Hillcliff Tools Ltd was acquired by Wixroyd, with an excellent reputation in providing workholding solutions. Hillcliff was a natural fit into the Wixroyd business allowing it to expand its range of low profile and powerful clamping solutions.
• 2017 Nylon & Alloys Ltd was acquired by Wixroyd. This also added an extensive range to the already popular selection and includes specialist products in Nylon, Aluminium, Titanium and Brass.